Helllooo, so I was looking online for some cool nail art designs when I stumbled upon this newspaper nails design and I thought it was genius! I'm sure many of you have seen them before, and there's a lot of other blogs you can look at for inspiration, but for those of you (like me) who haven't seen these before and for those asking on twitter, I thought I'd show you my attempt and do a quick post on how to create them yourself!
You will need:
- A nail polish of your choice, (a pale colour works best) I've used American Apparel Nail Lacquer in - Office
- 10 strips of newspaper
- Rubbing alcohol or a spirit such as vodka
- A small glass
- Clear nail varnish/top coat
1. Paint your nails in your desired colour and leave to dry
2. Once nails are dry pour the rubbing alcohol into a small glass, Dip a nail into the liquid making sure to cover the entire nail, once the nail is wet, take a piece of newspaper and apply it onto the nail and hold down for 20-30 seconds making sure to keep the paper still so as not to smudge the print.
3. Gently peel away the paper and you should end up with a backwards image of the print.
4. Repeat on each nail. Once complete, paint over your design with clear nail polish to seal your nail art.
And that's it! It's pretty simple and looks really striking! And If you want to see what words you got, simply hold your nails up to a mirror and have a read of your newspaper nails! You can even experiment with small symbols or pictures!
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial and I'd love to see what you come up with if you have a go!