Monday, 25 January 2016

Drops Of Youth Skincare Challenge - Week One








You may have seen in my recent video, that I was challenged by The Body Shop to try out their Drops of Youth Skincare range for 28 days. As promised I'm going to be sharing my results at the end of each week right here on my blog.

Here's my thoughts after testing the range for one week:

AM - Products used: Essence lotion, Concentrate, Eye concentrate &Youth Cream

After I've cleansed my face, I like to start by applying a few drops of the Essence lotion to a cotton pad and wiping that over my face. I really feel like this helps to make my skin feel smoother and fresh ready for the next steps. I then apply the concentrate all over my face avoiding my eye area and I love the silky, smooth feel this product gives my skin, and it's almost instantly absorbed, so you're not having to wait around for it to sink into your skin. I love the fact that this range has an Eye Concentrate as well, as I often find my eye area gets neglected when applying serums as I don't want them to irritate my eyes. The roller ball applicator makes it so easy to apply, and feels very cooling and again makes the area feel hydrated whist still being fast absorbing.  My final morning step in this routine is to apply the Youth Cream. As I mentioned in my video, this cream has a gel like consistency which I really like. It's incredibly light and again has absorbed into the skin within seconds, whilst leaving your skin feeling velvety soft.

PM - Products used: Essence lotion, Concentrate, Eye concentrate, Youth Cream & Bouncy Sleeping Mask

In the evening, I don't really change up that much. I stick to the same routine but just add in the Bouncy Sleeping Mask for an added layer or moisture. Before using this range I would never have dared to use a face cream, and then a mask over the top of it as I'd be too worried I was over doing it and would cause my skin to become oily, but because the range is more gel based and the products are very light, it doesn't feel like you're clogging up your skin at all.

Final thoughts for week one -

This week my skin suffered quite badly from a break out, but this was hormonal and had already begun happening before starting to use the range so i know this wasn't the cause. It doesn't seem to have irritated my skin at all and thankfully the spots I did get are slowly going now.

I've particularly enjoyed using the range in the morning, as I feel as though my makeup applies much more evenly after doing this routine, and over all my skin has looked fresher, more glowing and has felt very hydrated, through out the day, and doesn't feel dry or tight in the morning.

I'm excited to see how it fairs over the next few weeks. If you missed my video and would like a more in depth look at the range, I'll leave it below.

Lots of love
Kate x



Sponsored by The Body Shop. As always, all views are my own.
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Excited to see the results and hear your thoughts after the 28 days! xx

    www.LUCY-COLE.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really keen to try these products, I keep hearing good things about them.

    Jess x
    www.jessicalaar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! Can't wait to see the results within the next few weeks! xx

    ohhelloitshannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. heard some great things about this line, looking forward to hearing the results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Hair, Your Beauty, Our passion!
    For more; http://arganrainproduct.blogspot.com.tr/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Hair, Your Beauty, Our passion!
    For more; http://arganrainproduct.blogspot.com.tr/

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm so interested in this line from the body shop so its amazing to see how you get along. can't wait for your final thoughts.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this best stuff with us! Keep sharing! The author clearly describe all the parts of the article with good language and information.You can share more article and information.
    custom essay writing service

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everyone is beautiful but we have to take of our beauty. We need some tips thats are useful for our Skin and body. Here is some suggestions-

    Skin Care Tips

    Face Care Tips

    Hair Care Tips

    Fashion News & Tips

    Fitness Tips

    Health Tips

    Lifestyle Tips

    Here is all types of Beauty Care Tips. So guys go for it-

    Beauty Tips

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girls fashion and their age are always inversely proportional. You have fantastic stuff on this blog that keep the girls young and beautiful with you fashion tips. Being a fashion artist I really appreciate your efforts and work.
    Love from Royal Lady

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never really gave any thought about the products and what's actually in them, oily skin

    ReplyDelete

© Dolly Bow Bow | Fashion and Beauty Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig