Friday, 20 May 2016

A Rare Day Off | South Kensington


 Last week I enjoyed something that's become a bit of a rarity in my life. A day off. Being a Mum and having a full time job doesn't leave me much time to enjoy a day to myself. I'm not complaining, I love being busy, and I love being a Mum but sometimes I do feel the pressure and I need to escape Even if it's just for the afternoon. Sometimes, without wanting to sound too much like Greta Garbo, I want to be alone! I often feel guilty, for taking this time for myself. Usually if I'm away from Archie it's because I have meetings or days filming, so I can justify it because I'm working, but the pang of guilt feels especially strong when I'm away from him to enjoy myself! It's ridiculous really isn't it, as I wouldn't begrudge another Mum of doing it. I sometimes have to remind myself that a day off every now and again is actually good for all of us. I come back a calmer person, a nicer person, and even a slightly better Mum. It's like I've had the chance to recharge my batteries and I'm back up to 100% again.

One of my favourite places in the world is London. Even though I'm a Kent girl, whenever I'm in London I feel at home and I haven't had that feeling anywhere else I've visited. On this particular day, I jumped on the tube and decided to have a little stroll through South Kensington. I just adore walking down the streets lined with beautiful white townhouses (and not at all pretending that I own one of them). I had a wonder along the high street and paid a little visit to Holland Park. I could spend hours walking though the beautiful gardens.

I've been wanting to wear this little outfit combo for ages, and a relaxed day in London felt like the perfect opportunity. The dungarees and striped bardot top are from Dorothy Perkins, to be honest I couldn't actually believe that I'd bought a pair of dungarees, but the fit of these are really good, and paired with a bardot top or cute blouse I think they can look really on trend. I also wore my bronze Isabella Crocs and let me tell you they are the most comfortable shoes I think I've ever worn! They're so light it doesn't even feel like you're wearing shoes. These are my first pair of Crocs, But after this I think I'll be getting some more, specially the sandal style as they'll be so good for days running around after Archie, going to beach and when I know I'll be doing lots of walking. Of course I had my trusty Mulberry Del Ray with me too! I don't think I've hardly used another bag since I got this about 18 months ago. It's like my second baby!

I got home that evening in time to give Archie a bath and put him to bed. I love our little evening routine together. He was the sweetest boy when I got home that day!

Have you had a day to yourself recently? Did it make you feel guilty or did you feel like it did you good? Let me know in the comments!

Love Kate x



 Thank you to Crocs for working with me on this post.


SHARE:

27 comments

  1. South Kensington is my favourite - it's just so pretty! I also love your outfit : ) I really want to get myself a nice pair of dungarees. I have a dungarees dress but want trousers too! xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I just love being there :) You should definitely get a pair, they're super comfy and easy to style! x

      Delete
  2. You look gorgeous Kate - loving the dungarees! I love your style, please do more asos hauls and outfit posts, they are my fave <3

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren! I definitely will do more, they're my absolute favourite video to film at the moment! x

      Delete
  3. the location is just beautiful. i love having a day to myself to step away from work and day to day life and i'm always much more motivated after it.
    ❥

    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it! You can't get much more beautiful than South Kensington! I agree, I think we all need a break sometimes, no matter what's going on if our life :) x

      Delete
  4. Super photos :))

    http://www.ivanasdiary.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love the way you styled these dungarees!

    www.rainandteaparties.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! They're so simple to style up! xx

      Delete
  6. Wow I can't believe your shoes are crocs!
    Sophie
    x
    A Story of a Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Know! They actually do so many different styles and I don't think many people realise that! xx

      Delete
  7. hi! do you mind sharing what size you are wearing for the dungarees? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, these are a size 6 and I'd say they are quite true to size :) x

      Delete
  8. you look so so lovely! your hair is beautiful xx

    cristynottingham.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cristy, that's so sweet of you :) xx

      Delete
  9. I need to get me down to South Kensington as the background here is stunning. Love your outfit and the way you've paired a bardot neckline with your dungarees. xo

    jpoppy-thats-just-me.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jade! South Kensington and Chelsea are the best photo locations! xx

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous little dungarees! This outfit is amazing and Kensington looks so nice.

    http://www.lifewiththeroofdown.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute outfit, love the dungarees. Sophie x

    https://stylestarsandsparkle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your style, your hair is beautiful :)


    thiet ke nha dep

    nha xinh

    ReplyDelete

© Dolly Bow Bow | Fashion and Beauty Blog. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig